“The main facts in human life are five: birth, food, sleep, love and death.”
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 – 20 mins
Total Time: 20 – 30 mins
Burgers: 8 -10
Sliders: 10 – 15
1 pack (8) burger buns
Cheddar cheese (topping)
1 small onion
4 garlic cloves
3 green scallions
4 small mushrooms
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tablespoon of Adobo
1/2 red pepper
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/8 cup water
*salt pepper to taste
Safe Minimum Cooking TemperaturesTemperature (°F)
Ground Meat & Meat Mixtures
• Pork, Veal, Lamb 160
• Turkey, Chicken 165 None
See More Food Safety
- In a large bowl add ground meat. Set Aside.
- In food processor add garlic, onion, scallions, cilantro, red pepper, water and mushrooms. Blend until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder and Adobo to the food processor mixture.
- Remove mixture and add to large bowl with meat. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape seasoned ground meat into burgers then set aside.
- After burgers are shaped, heat skillet on medium.
- Place burgers on the skillet and cook until desired temperature. (typically I cook each side for 3-4 minutes.)
- Add Cheddar Cheese (sliced, shredded or whole)
- Add Grilled/Sauteed Balsamic Vegetables (see recipe), favorite condiments/toppings and enjoy!
- See Chart Below for Safe cooking temperatures.
As a side item try an Asian Cole Slaw (see recipe below)
Vegetables can be cooked on stove top, grilled on a cast iron skillet or baked. The cooking time will depend upon you preference of the vegetables. I prefer them between raw and cooked, maintaining their crispness. Any vegetable can be used as a topping. (onions, peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, cauliflower, zucchini, you name it!)
1 Red pepper
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Italian seasoning herbs
1 tsp olive oil
*salt and pepper to taste
- Slice onions and peppers set aside.
- In a small bowl add onions and peppers
toss with salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and herbs.
- Set aside.
- Heat skillet
- Add olive oil to skillet/cast iron
- When skillet is hot add onions and peppers
cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Set aside and when burgers are cooked, add as a topping.