The long awaited and newly rebuilt Brannon Civic Center will be hosting an Open House this Saturday August 6th from 5-7pm at 105 S Riverside Drive, New Smyrna Beach. The Brannon Center that was demolished last year was a little over 50 years old and it has taken a little more than a year to get the new center built.
The new single-story, 13,900-square-foot civic center will offer:
- a 6,500-sq-foot grand ballroom that’s flexible in size. The grand ballroom can be partitioned for smaller events or combined with adjacent multi-use spaces for a combined total more than 1,850 sq feet.
- a 340-sq-foot catering kitchen.
- a 1,950-sq-foot lobby area.
- administrative offices.
- larger restrooms.
- an outdoor green space on the south side of the building for viewing outdoor concerts and performances.
- and a 7,500-sq-foot terrace on the east side of the building that will maximize the river view. In some areas, the terrace will be as close as 20 feet to the seawall.
The new Brannon Civic Center will be energy efficient because it has been designed in accordance with current Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) requirements. This design will help the City to save a great deal of money in operating costs and overall building performance.
Come on out for Open House Saturday. See you there!